Garden of Goodness Chicken Soup
A complete, quick and satisfying one-dish meal. Cooked chicken, veggies and white beans simmer together and get a flavorful finish with garlic, basil and a dash of parmesan.
- Cooked VegetableCounts as a serving of Cooked Vegetable
- Healthy CarbohydrateCounts as a serving of Healthy Carbohydrate
- Healthy FatCounts as a serving of Healthy Fat
- ProteinCounts as a serving of Protein
- Raw VegetableCounts as a serving of Raw Vegetable
To complete the 400 Calorie Meal, add Raw Vegetable in any amount.
* To complete the 600 Calorie Meal, add Raw Vegetable, and have an additional Healthy Carbohydrate choice.
Makes 1 serving
What you'll need
2 cups Chicken Broth
1 cup mixed vegetables, finely chopped (such as broccoli, asparagus, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, onion, celery, zucchini, etc)
½ cup canned white beans, drained
4 ounces cooked chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
½ clove fresh garlic, minced (or ¼ tsp. garlic powder)
½ tsp. dried basil leaves
Ground black pepper, to taste
2 TBSP Grated parmesan cheese
1 TBSP minced parsley (optional)
What to do
In medium saucepan, heat chicken broth until simmering. Add vegetables and simmer 5-10 minutes until just tender (length of cooking time will depend on the vegetables you use). Stir in beans, chicken, garlic and basil and continue heating until all ingredients are hot. Remove from heat, add black pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley.
Protein: 44 g
Carbohydrate: 34 g
Fat: 9 g